From Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Phoenix 4.0.1 preview release
Date Mon, 14 Oct 2002 11:16:35 GMT
Hi,

On Mon, 14 Oct 2002 18:57, Ulrich Mayring wrote:
> Paul Hammant wrote:
> > Ulrich
> >
> >> I've downloaded this release and have several questions.
> >>
> >> 1) When starting a SAR that uses Excalibur Datasources, the class
> >> org/apache/avalon/excalibur/datasource/DataSourceComponent is not
> >> found and Phoenix shuts down again.
> >
> > No idea why that would happen....  The same SAR works in 4.0 ?
>
> Yes, because in 4.0 Excalibur Datasource was still included.

I am unable to reproduce this from the archive at

http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-avalon-phoenix/release/v4.0/

Could you make sure that you didn't add excalibur-datasource jar into phoenixs
lib dir. As far as I recall it has never been used by Phoenix and thus it
only shipped with phoenix when we used the uber excalibur jar.

Just to make sure could you go to dir where it is stored and then run

$ cd $PHOENIX_HOME/lib
$ find . -name '*.jar' -exec unzip -U -o {} \; -print
$ find . | grep ataSource

Can you also make sure that it has not been installed anytwhere else that it
would be picked up?
--
Cheers,

Peter Donald