From Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Phoenix and the Web
Date Fri, 04 Oct 2002 07:59:07 GMT
On Fri, 4 Oct 2002 10:38, Peter Royal wrote:
> wrt the Block vs SAR, I would like to have a way to have dependencies
> between SARs. It could be thought of as a Phoenix-in-Phoenix, just
> moving up one level from Block and App to App and Partition (or some
> other word).
>
> With CatalinaSevak running as a SAR, I would like to be able to deploy
> multiple other SARs in a single Phoenix instance that deploy a UI via a
> WAR using Sevak. I would follow Paul's thoughts on communication, using
> AltRMI or the like so that for scalability the SAR could be deployed in
> a remote phoenix instance.

It is definetly a good idea. However it kinda requires a largish bunch of
changes - most drastic being ClassLoader changes and isolation changes (ie
jprocess and loader projects in excalibur). I keep putting off finishing the
loader stuff in excalibur because it requires so many damn unit tests ;)

Though hopefully it will be done sooner rather than later.

> Perhaps ContainerKit can make this all possible.. an xinfo for a SAR :)

ContainerKit probably couldn't but Info may ;)

--
Cheers,

Peter Donald