From Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Phoenix and the Web
Date Wed, 02 Oct 2002 22:39:13 GMT
On Thu, 3 Oct 2002 01:24, Ulrich Mayring wrote:
> About Phoenix==>JNDI==>WAR - I see performance problems. I think this is
> workable only for infrequent communication, like configuring at startup.
> But providing a synchronous service over that link? Hmm....

There should be no performance problems *except* that the ContextClassLoader
will have to be set when changing from WAR space to SAR space and back again.

JNDI is just a lookup service - you can quite easily do in process calls and
in fact is the way that most (all?) EJBs implement local interfaces when they
are integrated with a servlet engine.

--
Cheers,

Peter Donald
| Contrary to popular belief, UNIX is user-friendly. It   |
| just happens to be selective on who it makes friendship |
| with.                                                   |
|                       - Richard Cook                    |