From "Daniel Krieg" <dkr...@kc.rr.com>
Subject Dynamic Block Deployment
Date Sun, 13 Oct 2002 14:58:05 GMT
Is it possible to dynamically add/remove Blocks within a SAR?  With Catalina Sevak, I am attempting
to use a BlockListener to assemble the different Blocks within the application.  What I would
like to do is declare the Blocks within the assembly.xml but be able to dynamically add services
based upon Catalina's con/server.xml file.   For example say I have declared a block

<block name="Connector" class="org.apache.avalon.apps.sevak.blocks.catalina.StandardConnectorWrapper">
    <provide name="bootstrap" role="org.apache.avalon.apps.sevak.services.Bootstrap"/>
</block>

This describes the block and the block that fulfills its dependencies that I want.  However,
if the CatalinaAssembler (BlockListener),  parses the ${catalina.home}/conf/server.xml it
may discover that two "Connector" Blocks are needed.  I would like to be able to deploy another
Service instance into the Application.  Is this possible/desireable?