From "Daniel Krieg" <dkr...@kc.rr.com>
Subject Re: Phoenix and the Web
Date Wed, 02 Oct 2002 10:31:30 GMT
>Another option would be to expose Avalon components as JNDI resources. That
>way you follow the "standard" for providing extra behaviour.
Yes, this seems much more reasonable.  I've been thinking about what the
responsibilities of a web component should be...and it is precisely that, to
map resources, EJBs, security, etc. declared in the web.xml to those service
offerings in Phoenix.

Oh, and BTW...those interested in the Catalina Sevak project.  If you modify
the src/demo/catalina-config.xml to
<config-file>conf/server.xml</config-file>, install, and run
Phoenix...Catalina's JNDI naming service works like a charm, MBeans too!