From "Steve Short" <ssh...@postx.com>
Subject Logging Bug in Phoenix 4.0
Date Mon, 16 Sep 2002 18:35:48 GMT

There seems to be a difference in behaviour between loggin in Phoenix
4.0 and earlier 4.0 beta's.  When I download the latest release
candidate of James, version 2.1a1-2002-08-18 and run it, Phoenix/James
creates 16 different log files in the apps/james/logs directory and logs
messages to about 12 of them.

When I download the Phoenix 4.0 and then copy the James.sar from from
the James directory into the Phoenix 4.0 apps dir and then run it, all
of the log files get created OK in the apps/james/logs directory, but
all of the log messages get written to a single file, default.log.

Cheers
Steve