From Peter Royal <pro...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Jo! integration questions
Date Fri, 27 Sep 2002 14:13:44 GMT
On Friday, September 27, 2002, at 09:58  AM, Ulrich Mayring wrote:
> Is AltRMI fast enough for high performance requirements?

What are your performance requirements? See
http://jakarta.apache.org/avalon/excalibur/altrmi/transports.html for
some number from altrmi.

> Anyway, this problem has got me thinking. What is the benefit of
> running Jo! under Phoenix as compared to a stand-alone solution?

Good question :) The only one I can think of would be having a single
JVM instance on the machine.

> Ok, if there is a high-performance communication channel with AltRMI,
> then that would be a good reason. But somehow this doesn't seem to me
> to follow the Avalon philosophy of componentization and IoC. I can't
> really explain it well at this moment, so just take it as some random
> thoughts.

no, I agree with you, it doesn't seem as ideal as it should. it would
be very nice to have a componentized servlet container that integrated
nicely with the rest of the avalon frameworks.

> BTW, what route has been taken with Sevak in this regard?

I believe Sevak runs as a block, so as long as you will only have a
single webapp inside of it you can embed it within your SAR.
-pete

--
peter royal -> proyal@apache.org