From Ole Bulbuk <Ole.Bul...@ebp.de>
Subject Log4J all over Phoenix
Date Tue, 10 Sep 2002 12:51:44 GMT
Hi,

since using multiple logging packages is real pain (information from
multiple logging files in multiple formats is (almost) impossible to
integrate), I have to use Log4J for my project.

I know that the LogEnabled interface enables me to use Log4J. But for the
start up phase of Phoenix there will still logkit be used. I would really
like to know if it would be possible to give run.sh (or now phoenix.sh) a
parameter (e.g. -Dlogging=log4j) so that Log4J would be used right from the
start.

Good luck with the release,

Ole

P.S.: If there is no easy solution now it would be nice to have one
      in the release.
--
Ole Bulbuk              Tel.:   0331/74759/60
Ernst Basler + Partner  Fax:    0331/74759/90