From Johan Sjöberg <johan.sjob...@avaintec.com>
Subject Re: Placement of external libs/programs
Date Mon, 30 Sep 2002 21:28:02 GMT
Hi!

Leif Mortenson wrote:

> We did this for an inhouse project by creating native subdirectories
> which were checked into cvs.
> lib/
> lib/native/
> lib/native/linix
> lib/native/solaris
> lib/native/win32
> Doing that made it possible to build all of the distributions on any
> platform without having to collect
> lots of files.

This could be a good solution for the wrapper. It would be good to have
version information somewhere too. Would committers remember to update a
README file when updating the libraries? The filenames would be another
solution. Btw. why aren't the latest wrapper versions released for
solaris? Sorry if it is in the docs, I was lazy and didn't check.

> It may be desirable to include Wrapper docs to help people with
 > configuration?  Pointing them to the  wrapper.sourceforge.net URL
> would probably be good enough though.

Linking form the documentation would not create much extra work, I like.

The situation is a little bit different for the win-setup compiler I'm
testing. I put it under ./tools for now.

//