From Johan Sjöberg <johan.sjob...@avaintec.com>
Subject Re: Placement of external libs/programs
Date Sun, 29 Sep 2002 12:24:24 GMT

Leif Mortenson wrote:

> Currently, the location of Wrapper files in Phoenix is a little strange.
>  The wrapper.jar and Wrapper.DLL/libwrapper.so files are currently
> located in the {phoenix.home}/bin directory along with the binary files.
> This clutters things up a bit IMO.
>
> A better way, which is actually the default for a Wrapper install. Would
> be to place the wrapper.jar and Wrapper.DLL/libwrapper.so files into a
> {phoenix.home}/lib directory.  That would make it easier to get using
> running
> with the Wrapper is it fits with the Wrapper docs.

True, but before building the distribution the Wrapper files have to be
somewhere so they can be copied to their right locations. Now we have
wrapper.home set in ant.properties. If the wrapper would be included in
the dist wrapper.home should to be somewhere under the cvs structure for
simplicity. ./tools/wrapper, ./lib/wrapper  or something. If it can't be
included in CVS for some reason (size?) an ant download task could be
added, but still the placement for tools like this is unclear to me. If
it would be included in all distributions I guess ./lib and ./bin would
be OK, but as this is not the case...

You're right about the libs in ./bin. This can be fixed at the same time.

<little off-topic>
You did a good job creating the wrapper. It works surprisingly well.
</little off-topic>

Sunday cheers,

//
Johan