From Leif Mortenson <l...@tanukisoftware.com>
Subject Re: Placement of external libs/programs
Date Sun, 29 Sep 2002 11:56:11 GMT
Johan Sjöberg wrote:

> Hi!
>
> What would be the best place for external tools in the Phoenix dir
> structure? Now we have most of the stuff in directories under ./lib.
> mx4j is in the root (./) directory and ./tools is almost empty.
>
> I'm asking because I have been testing the Inno-setup tool that
> Nicola-Ken suggested and I'm trying to get it working nicely with the
> build system.
>
> If this tool (or some other similar), or actually the setup compiler
> would be included where should it be put? The same goes for the
> Wrapper if that can be included at some point too.

Currently, the location of Wrapper files in Phoenix is a little strange.
  The wrapper.jar and Wrapper.DLL/libwrapper.so files are currently
located in the {phoenix.home}/bin directory along with the binary files.
 This clutters things up a bit IMO.

A better way, which is actually the default for a Wrapper install.
 Would be to place the wrapper.jar and Wrapper.DLL/libwrapper.so files
into a {phoenix.home}/lib directory.  That would make it easier to get
using running
with the Wrapper is it fits with the Wrapper docs.

Cheers,
Leif