From Ulrich Mayring <u...@denic.de>
Subject Re: Jo! integration questions
Date Fri, 27 Sep 2002 13:58:14 GMT
Peter Royal wrote:
> On Friday, September 27, 2002, at 09:05  AM, Ulrich Mayring wrote:
>
> I'd recommend AltRMI as it has transports optimized for intra-jvm
> communication, including instances where the client and server are
> located in separate classloaders.

Is AltRMI fast enough for high performance requirements?

Anyway, this problem has got me thinking. What is the benefit of running
Jo! under Phoenix as compared to a stand-alone solution?

Ok, if there is a high-performance communication channel with AltRMI,
then that would be a good reason. But somehow this doesn't seem to me to
follow the Avalon philosophy of componentization and IoC. I can't really
explain it well at this moment, so just take it as some random thoughts.

BTW, what route has been taken with Sevak in this regard?

cheers,

Ulrich

--
Ulrich Mayring