From Ulrich Mayring <u...@denic.de>
Subject Jo! integration questions
Date Fri, 27 Sep 2002 13:05:42 GMT
Hello folks,

I have a couple of questions concerning Jo! running as a
.sar-application under Phoenix:

1) There is this passage in the config.xml:

<policy>
      <grant code-base="file:${app.home}${/}SAR-INF${/}lib${/}*">
         <permission class="java.security.AllPermission" />
      </grant>
  </policy>

However, when starting Phoenix with avalon-jo.sar I get this message:

  (java.io.FilePermission
  /usr/local/avalon/apps/avalon-jo/etc/server.properties read))

The file is globally readable in the filesystem. What's wrong here? Is a
security directive missing? But shouldn't Jo! be able to read/write its
own files? Jo! does write to its logfiles, for example.

2) Suppose I get Jo! up and running. Then I want to write a servlet that
basically just deals with incoming requests and loads off the real work
to a custom .sar application that also runs under Phoenix. How could the
servlet communicate with this other .sar-application? Or would I have to
write this other application as a bunch of blocks and integrate it
within the avalon-jo.sar?

Kind regards,

Ulrich

--