From Johan Sjöberg <johan.sjob...@avaintec.com>
Subject Re: Phoenix work directory
Date Wed, 25 Sep 2002 21:52:58 GMT

Paul Hammant wrote:
> Johan,
>
>> Tested on WinXP Pro with SUN's JDK v1.3.1_3 and it works. (After the
>> JDK1.3 patch)
>>
>> Any clues why the directories aren't deleted when Phoenix is shutdown?
>> I can look into this, but I rather spend my little extra spare time on
>> the installer scripts. Could it be because Ctrl-C kills the JVM, NO?
>

> I should not reaseach it if I were you.  I think windows can have a
> delay on delete that mucks up some ant invocations and phoenix on
> shutdown too.  Both happe to me and I live with it :-(  At least until I
> do a full switch to Linux.

Agreed, one can live with this.

The problem was just that the work directory got HUUUGE after some
months of stopping and starting ;) ,but Peter's last update removes this
issue even if the problem still exists. Let's leave it as it is now.

<linux-switch>
Even after a full switch to Linux some of us must still make sure that
everything works on Windows :( I'm also waiting for a native JDK 1.3 for
OpenBSD ( even though I'm a Helsinki University CS guy ;). That will rock.
</linux-switch>

//
Johan