From Leif Mortenson <l...@tanukisoftware.com>
Subject Re: Stable branch
Date Sat, 14 Sep 2002 01:36:49 GMT
Peter Royal wrote:

> On Friday, September 13, 2002, at 03:14  AM, Paul Hammant wrote:
>
>> OK, if a majority is in favor, i'll cut a 4.0 FCS release tomorrow.
>> I will include all kernel classes (wrapper and beanshell), but be
>> shipped without the wrapper.exe and beanshell jar.  I'll anounce
>> through usual channels and do so for the Logkit 1.1 release at the
>> same time.
>

> +1
> -pete (hiding out in the shadows, it has been very very very very busy
> at work the past few weeks)

I like the idea of shipping with wrapper.conf and DaemonLauncher.class
included.   It would not really
affect the size of the release.  But enabling the wrapper by users would
simply be a matter of dropping
in the Wrapper.exe / wrapper and Wrapper.dll / libwrapper.so binaries as
well as the wrapper.jar.  It
would not require Phoenix to be rebuilt this way.

Cheers,
Leif