From Johan Sjöberg <johan.sjob...@avaintec.com>
Subject Re: Stable branch
Date Thu, 12 Sep 2002 01:46:48 GMT

Peter Donald wrote:
> Fixed this. The dumpStakc() looks like it was in there for debuggin purposes.

Good! I was able to reprodice this aswell.

>>Also, trying to cause the shutdown of the working wrapper with ' wrapper
>>-c ..\conf\wrapper.conf wrapper.java.command=shutdown' proves less that
>>fruitfull as the wrapper claims :
>>
>>  C:\ApacheUPD\jakarta-avalon-phoenix-402\dist\bin>
>>  C:\ApacheUPD\jakarta-avalon-phoenix-402\dist\bin>wrapper -c ..\con
>>  wrapper  | --> Wrapper Started as Console
>>  wrapperp | port 15012 already in use, using port 15013 instead.
>>  wrapper  | Launching a JVM...
>>  wrapper  | can not execute ""shutdown" -Djava.ext.dirs=../lib -Dph
>>  META-INF/java.policy -Djava.security.manager -Xms16m -Xmx64m -Djav
>>  wrapper.key="iUV6mSMAxfVobB87" -Dwrapper.port=15013 -Dwrapper.jvmi
>>  wrapper  | Critical error: wait for JVM process failed
>>
>>I think we have some polishing to do.

Paul, I didn't know about this feature and I think you used it
incorrectly. On production systems the wrapper is probaly always run as
a service. If I test an application in the console I just shut it down
by pressing Ctrl-C.

It gets funnier still ...

The "wrapper.java.command=shutdown" command probably didn't work for you
as you don't have a shutdown.exe excecutable in you system, lucky you...
I run XP that has a C:\WINDOWS\system32\shutdown.exe and yes it got
triggered... MAN!!! It must be my lucky day though that shutdown.exe
doesn't work without some arguments. My hart stood still for some
seconds though as I had quite a few unsaved files. ;) ;)

Install it as a service and stop it with net stop phoenix as Peter sed.

Cheers,

//
Johan