From Paul Hammant <Paul_Hamm...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Stable branch
Date Wed, 11 Sep 2002 07:14:32 GMT
Peter,

>>What is your impression on the state of the Phoenix?  Both branches
>>build (no suprise).  The documentation is coming on.  Are we ready for
>>that release?
>>

>yep - we ready. The release branch has all the good stuff. We will migrate it
>back post release.

Kewl.  I have a clear slot this evening.  Maybe if things are ready, we
can do an upload.

I have asked FreshMeat if we can split out 'avalon' project in to
'avalon-framework' 'avalon-phoenix' etc.  The writeups for each do not
do them justice.  No answer yet.

>>If there is more to do, and stuff I can get involved with, I'll try to
>>make some time for it....
>>

>The only thing to think about doing (up to you really) is building multiple
>releases with wrapper integrated. Ideally we would have a pure java release
>and a wrapper release for windows. We could also do a linux/wrapper release
>of Phoenix but that is less important now that we have the phoenix.sh script.
>So I would focus on doing a win32 wrapper release of Phoenix. Thoughts?

I've no experience of the services wrapper.

Should I poke around the Tomcat source or do we have something ready
ourselves?

- Paul