From Stephen McConnell <mcconn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Contents of phoenix-client.jar
Date Sat, 07 Sep 2002 18:00:12 GMT

Igor Fedorenko wrote:

> Peter Donald wrote:
>
>> On Sat, 7 Sep 2002 20:03, Paul Hammant wrote:
>>
> [skipped]
>
>> It will trim down when we move to new component model. I don't think
>> there is any need to change anything until then.
>

> Where can I find description of this "new component model"? And where
> can I find information about future directions of avalon/phoenix
> development in general?

I hope that the term "new component model" was just a unfortunate use of
terminology.  There are suggestions that Phoneix will move to an
improved description of the Avalon Framework Component Model (i.e.
something for complete that the blockinfo declarations).  Pete has been
working on this for a while under the excalibur project called
containerkit - recently the parts of that system that declare the
component model have been seperated out into a seperate project
excalibur/info.  This bring the meta-info subject somewhat more into
focus as we now have two rather similar packages - excalibur/meta and
excalibur/info.  If you want to get a good idea about how the existing
Avalon component model will probably be expressed in the future then
check the excalibur/info documentation.  If you want to see a fully
operation example of this with lots of documation, check the
excalibur/meta package.

Cheers, Steve.

--

Stephen J. McConnell