From Johan Sjöberg <johan.sjob...@avaintec.com>
Subject Re: Would a shutdown script be useful?
Date Sat, 07 Sep 2002 15:45:00 GMT

David W. wrote:
> I'm a Windows-only person.  Is the next Phoenix release going to include the
> Wrapper?

Peter/Donald, would this be possible (license, size, beta stage, etc.)?

I have used the Wrapper for a long time and it works very, very well.
Even without the Wrapper it would be cool to have some way of installing
Phoenix as an NT service from the default distribution as administrators
usually don't allow programs to be installed in their production
environments if it can't run as an NT service (on windows servers of
course). It is easier to say "Grab the Phoenix distribution v. X.x from
Jakarta" than giving them a version specially compiled and set up.

This leads me to the next question: Any plans to pack the phoenix
distribution as RPMs or perhaps DEBs? Any help needed? I must admit that
I don't have any experience of that. How do they do it for Tomcat?

//
Johan