From Stephen McConnell <mcconn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: controlling access to blocks
Date Sun, 01 Sep 2002 16:22:44 GMT

Igor Fedorenko wrote:
> Ok, I will post a patch for cvs HEAD later this coming week.
>
> Btw, this stuff needs a little bit more from interceptor support then I
> originally thought. Specifically jaas interceptor must access BlockInfo
> somehow my guess through "Contextualizable" interface. It also needs to
> be Initializable/Startable. In other words, interceptors need lifecycle
> support as any other block (interceptor's lifecycle is couple with
> lifecycle of its block, so implementation might get tricky). Should I
> resubmit "interceptor patch" with this added functionality or should I
> wait for you to check interceptor support in and extend it after that?

You may want to take a look at the lifecycle extensions work that has
been completed between the Merlin and Fortress projects. The Merlin
implementation provides complete support for the establishment of
extensions that are themselves components and as such receive full
lifecycle handling prior to their application towards a component (block).

http://jakarta.apache.org/avalon/excalibur/container/extension.html

Cheers, Steve.

--

Stephen J. McConnell