From Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Placement of external libs/programs
Date Tue, 01 Oct 2002 03:16:23 GMT
On Sun, 29 Sep 2002 22:24, Johan Sjöberg wrote:
> If it can't be included in CVS for some reason (size?)

It probably could be but I would be very hesitent to do that. A lot of people
who run the infrastructure of Apache (both legal and physical) object to it
for fairly good reasons. That was the main reason MX4J was moved out of our
CVS.

> an ant download task could be
> added, but still the placement for tools like this is unclear to me. If
> it would be included in all distributions I guess ./lib and ./bin would
> be OK, but as this is not the case...

I don't think we have a "standard" for where things are downloaded to. We
could download it to ./tools/X or ./X or even ../X - not sure. "../X" would
be better if they are large toolkits.

> <little off-topic>
> You did a good job creating the wrapper. It works surprisingly well.
> </little off-topic>

Yep it is great. At the time I found out about it it was leaps and bounds
above everything else (and I had looked).

--
Cheers,

Peter Donald