From Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Logging Bug in Phoenix 4.0
Date Sat, 28 Sep 2002 04:52:44 GMT
On Tue, 17 Sep 2002 04:35, Steve Short wrote:
> There seems to be a difference in behaviour between loggin in Phoenix
> 4.0 and earlier 4.0 beta's.  When I download the latest release
> candidate of James, version 2.1a1-2002-08-18 and run it, Phoenix/James
> creates 16 different log files in the apps/james/logs directory and logs
> messages to about 12 of them.
>
> When I download the Phoenix 4.0 and then copy the James.sar from from
> the James directory into the Phoenix 4.0 apps dir and then run it, all
> of the log files get created OK in the apps/james/logs directory, but
> all of the log messages get written to a single file, default.log.

Okay this is fixed. Unfortunately the LogKitManager and LoggerManager had
slightly different semantics and when we upgraded to non-deprecated
LoggerManager the bug caught us ;)

I fixed LoggerManager and added some unit tests into Phoenix to make sure it
doesn't happen again. Thanks for the catch.

--
Cheers,

Peter Donald