From Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Phoenix work directory
Date Wed, 25 Sep 2002 21:37:27 GMT
On Thu, 26 Sep 2002 06:15, Johan Sjöberg wrote:
> Any clues why the directories aren't deleted when Phoenix is shutdown? I
> can look into this, but I rather spend my little extra spare time on the
> installer scripts. Could it be because Ctrl-C kills the JVM, NO?

Don't worry about it. It seems to be related to the ClassLoader not being
garbaged collected prior to shutdown thread. Which seems to imply that
different JVM/OS combos run GC at different schedules during shutdown (I
always thought that shutdown hook was only thread in JVM during shutdown?).

Anyways it is wierd that it not happen on win2000 for me but it should be
fixed so no need to worry ;)

--
Cheers,

Peter Donald