From Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>
Subject Re: JDK Versions?
Date Wed, 18 Sep 2002 10:00:07 GMT
On Wed, 18 Sep 2002 19:49, Ulrich Mayring wrote:
> what are the {preferred|tested|required} JDK versions for
> Avalon/Phoenix? Specifically, which one, if any, of the 1.4 hierarchy is
> suitable?

I develope with 3 different JVMs;

* the two latest 1.3 ones from Sun and IBM.
* Suns JDK 1.4.0_01-b03

I do most of the development against 1.4.0_01-b03 because I am doing a lot of
nio at the moment - and also because IDEA requires JDK1.4 ;)

SO that ones fairly solid. IBMs JDK1.3 is still the fastest but it has a few
issues/bugs (like trying to write to a directory that doesn't exist anymore
can cause a JVM crash - ick!).

--
Cheers,

Peter Donald