From Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Stable branch
Date Wed, 11 Sep 2002 22:39:41 GMT
On Thu, 12 Sep 2002 00:58, Johan Sjöberg wrote:
> > Great. Hopefully it has a commandline interface and we can find a win32
> > box to build distributions on ;)
>
> Yes, good point! How would the win32 distribution building work?

Well. I can possibly eventually get to a win32 box at a work place.
Unfortunately I am currently behind 3 firewalls and are not allowed to carry
disks in or out so there is no chance of me doing it atm.

If there was an automated way of doing it then I could quite easily setup a
build server on win2000 - however that may take a few weeks.

> Does Apache have any win32 boxes to build on?

Not that I know of.

> When I first mentioned "install script" I was thinking about something
> like an install file (Install.exe or even just a .bat) in the root of
> the windows distribution zip archive.

Ahh - I was thinking Phoenix.exe ;)

> <off-topic>
> Yes, I have actually used the old mega distros Avalon2 and Avalon3.
> Great code and stability already then! Sadly I haven't had the
> oppertunity to contribute anything back yet.
> </off-topic>

Brave :)

--
Cheers,

Peter Donald
A right is not what someone gives you; it's what no one can take from you.
        -- Ramsey Clark