From Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Stable branch
Date Wed, 11 Sep 2002 22:35:50 GMT
On Thu, 12 Sep 2002 08:02, Paul Hammant wrote:
> This is what you get when there is nothing in apps/ ....
>
>   C:\ApacheUPD\jakarta-avalon-phoenix-402\dist\bin>wrapper -c
> ..\conf\wrapper.conf
>   wrapper  | --> Wrapper Started as Console
>   wrapper  | Launching a JVM...
>   jvm 1    | Wrapper (Version 2.2.7)
>   jvm 1    |
>   jvm 1    |
>   jvm 1    | Phoenix 4.0beta2
>   jvm 1    |
>   jvm 1    | Shutting down Phoenix.
>   jvm 1    | java.lang.Exception: Stack trace
>   jvm 1    |      at java.lang.Thread.dumpStack(Thread.java:993)
>   jvm 1    |      at
> org.apache.avalon.phoenix.launcher.DaemonLauncher.update(DaemonLauncher.jav
>a:130) jvm 1    |      at
> java.util.Observable.notifyObservers(Observable.java:142)
>   jvm 1    |      at
> org.apache.avalon.phoenix.frontends.CLIMain.shutdown(CLIMain.java:300)
>   jvm 1    |      at
> org.apache.avalon.phoenix.frontends.CLIMain.run(CLIMain.java:170)
>   jvm 1    |      at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:484)
>   wrapper  | <-- Wrapper Stopped

Fixed this. The dumpStakc() looks like it was in there for debuggin purposes.

> Also, trying to cause the shutdown of the working wrapper with ' wrapper
> -c ..\conf\wrapper.conf wrapper.java.command=shutdown' proves less that
> fruitfull as the wrapper claims :
>
>   C:\ApacheUPD\jakarta-avalon-phoenix-402\dist\bin>
>   C:\ApacheUPD\jakarta-avalon-phoenix-402\dist\bin>wrapper -c ..\con
>   wrapper  | --> Wrapper Started as Console
>   wrapperp | port 15012 already in use, using port 15013 instead.
>   wrapper  | Launching a JVM...
>   wrapper  | can not execute ""shutdown" -Djava.ext.dirs=../lib -Dph
>   META-INF/java.policy -Djava.security.manager -Xms16m -Xmx64m -Djav
>   wrapper.key="iUV6mSMAxfVobB87" -Dwrapper.port=15013 -Dwrapper.jvmi
>   wrapper  | Critical error: wait for JVM process failed
>
> I think we have some polishing to do.

Yep - thats not how you run it. I think you install it via something like the
above (though wrapper.java.command should point to java.exe and is only
needed when java is not on the path).

However to run it you run it vi win32s console. I think you can run it via
commandline via something like

net start Phoenix
net stop Phoenix
etc.

But you would need to check that. Anyways your call if we include it or not.
We can always release a wrapper enabled version in a week or two if needed.

--
Cheers,

Peter Donald