From Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Stable branch
Date Wed, 11 Sep 2002 09:19:47 GMT
On Wed, 11 Sep 2002 17:14, Paul Hammant wrote:
> >>What is your impression on the state of the Phoenix?  Both branches
> >>build (no suprise).  The documentation is coming on.  Are we ready for
> >>that release?
> >
> >yep - we ready. The release branch has all the good stuff. We will migrate
> > it back post release.
>
> Kewl.  I have a clear slot this evening.  Maybe if things are ready, we
> can do an upload.
>
> I have asked FreshMeat if we can split out 'avalon' project in to
> 'avalon-framework' 'avalon-phoenix' etc.  The writeups for each do not
> do them justice.  No answer yet.

kool.

> >>If there is more to do, and stuff I can get involved with, I'll try to
> >>make some time for it....
> >
> >The only thing to think about doing (up to you really) is building
> > multiple releases with wrapper integrated. Ideally we would have a pure
> > java release and a wrapper release for windows. We could also do a
> > linux/wrapper release of Phoenix but that is less important now that we
> > have the phoenix.sh script. So I would focus on doing a win32 wrapper
> > release of Phoenix. Thoughts?
>
> I've no experience of the services wrapper.
>
> Should I poke around the Tomcat source or do we have something ready
> ourselves?

We already have it implemented. Yo enable just download wrapper from
wrapper.sourceforge.net and then set up the correct properties (as defined in
ant.properties.sample). This should result in Phoenix being built with
wrapper support.

Then you just need to make sure that there is a vanilla distribution (ie
doesn't include the win32 exe/dll files) and a distribution with the dll/exes
included.

--
Cheers,

Peter Donald