From Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Would a shutdown script be useful?
Date Sat, 07 Sep 2002 23:14:04 GMT
Hiya,

On Sun, 8 Sep 2002 01:45, Johan Sjöberg wrote:
> David W. wrote:
> > I'm a Windows-only person.  Is the next Phoenix release going to include
> > the Wrapper?
>
> Peter/Donald, would this be possible (license, size, beta stage, etc.)?

It is perfectly viable to include it in the release (actually one of its
developers is part of the Avalon project). It is basically up to Paul (the
release manager). Paul  - do want to include it?

> This leads me to the next question: Any plans to pack the phoenix
> distribution as RPMs or perhaps DEBs? Any help needed? I must admit that
> I don't have any experience of that. How do they do it for Tomcat?

I don't actually have any experience with either. It would useful to do at
least a rpm (I believe the debian package manager can read rpms aswell). I
believe there is someone outside the Tomcat project that does it - not sure.

--
Cheers,

Peter Donald
"All my life I wanted to be someone; I guess I should have been more
specific."
-- Jane Wagner