From Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Extending DefaultApplication
Date Sat, 07 Sep 2002 11:53:11 GMT
Hiya,

On Sat, 7 Sep 2002 02:49, Igor Fedorenko wrote:
> I need to extend DefaultApplication in order to setup "default" security
> context for blocks. I am planning to introduce a factory of Application
> instances, so one can configure non-default implementation of
> Application interface (JaasApplication in my case). However, I have
> noticed that DefaultApplication is final and all its supporting classes
> (BlockEntry, BlockInvocationHandler and alike) are package protected and
> final. Would  it be a problem if I relax these restructions, i.e. make
> DefaultApplication non-final and make its supporting classes public
> non-final as needed?

Once upon a time we did allow multiple implementations of Application. We also
had a factory and all that. However we had quite a lot of probelsm when it
came to maintaining compatability because we guarentee no future
compatability for all the container classes. So I would prefer to avoid that
if possible. Can you tell me what you need and maybe we can provide a
mechanism for you to do what you want that we will be able to maintain.

--
Cheers,

Peter Donald