From Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Contents of phoenix-client.jar
Date Sat, 07 Sep 2002 11:42:38 GMT
On Sat, 7 Sep 2002 20:03, Paul Hammant wrote:
> Folks,
>
> We have recently agreed that enterprise containers seeking to host
> blocks should 1) include phoenix-client.jar and 2) provide a
> /implementation/ for the interfaces contained in that jar.  Perhaps it
> is time to have an honest appraisal of the contents of
> phoenix-client.jar and see if there are any entries that are not part of
> the API.  Here are the contents of the jar.  Can anyone see any entries
> that are inappropriate for inclusion into this 'block API jar'?

A lot of it is legacy. Constants.class is there because we mistakenly included
it ages ago and someone complained when I took it out.
Block/AbstractBlock/BlockListener are all deprecated. The metadata/info is
required because of listeners.

Tools probably could have been removed but people said that they would prefer
that all the classes for developing clients be kept in one jar. I believe you
were one of those people actually ;)

It will trim down when we move to new component model. I don't think there is
any need to change anything until then.

--
Cheers,

Peter Donald