From Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Stable branch
Date Sat, 07 Sep 2002 11:27:15 GMT
On Sat, 7 Sep 2002 20:23, Paul Hammant wrote:
> Do I have to have two CVS trees on my local system?

only if you want to work on both simultaneously.

> As I see it :
>
>   1) The 402 branch for applying patches to.  This will be labeled again
> as Phoenix 4.0 goes live in a matter of days.

yep.

>   2) The HEAD branch for continued development.

yep.

> If I have a patch to apply, for the time being at least, it gets applied
> to both (i.e. twice by hand)

Just apply it to the 402 branch. After we do a release I will merge all the
changes from 402 back into the main trunk.

--
Cheers,

Peter Donald
 "Man's mind stretched to a new idea never goes back to its original
dimensions." -Oliver Wendell Holmes