From Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>
Subject Re: More configurable SystemManager.
Date Fri, 06 Sep 2002 12:53:10 GMT
On Thu, 5 Sep 2002 14:19, Eung-ju Park wrote:
> Current MX4JSystemManager configuration is not flexible.

true - nor was it compatible with our old configuration format. I just fixed
that ;)

> I don't know about JMX. But I think below form of configuration brings more
> power to SystemManager.
> JBoss's configuration has similar form.

looks interesting. It is less "configuration" and more a script that can be
executed on the MBean server. It could be interesting to do it this way.
However I think we should also support our old configuration format. Some
options so that we can use this would be to either;

1. create a new ScriptableMx4jSystemManager
2. Allow a subelement <script/> that we could use to "execute" script

I think I prefer (1) as it is the easiest to maintain. Thoughts?

--
Cheers,

Peter Donald