From Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>
Subject Re: New ClassLoader work
Date Wed, 04 Sep 2002 12:02:14 GMT
On Wed, 4 Sep 2002 18:00, Tomasz Skutnik wrote:
> Looks nice.I'd like to see it in action (right now I'm looking for
> thread-safe Forehead replacement, and it seems to be possible choice).
> Do you need some help?

I would LOVE some help. It currently does not do anything and is more idea
than fully implemented proggies. Here are my plans on what I want to do next.

1. First I want to write unit tests to verify that the loader works
2. Then I want to write unit tests to verify that the verifier works
(basically one or two tests for each of cases checked for in verifier)
3. Then I want to write the actual runtime (ie the thing that takes the
MetaData and builds the set of ClassLoaders).
4. Then I want to write tests that unit test (3) really really well.
5. Want to write a bootstap "loader" program that is capable of starting other
programs (I suspec this is what Forehead does - though I have not really
looked at it properly).

Other things to do:
6. Figure out if there is better terms than "Join" and regular "ClassLoader"
7. write some more documentation (something simpler)
8. Add some examples

You may notice that there is a lot of unit tests ;) Thats because threading
and ClassLoader issues have been the major cause of headaches in Phoenix so I
want to make sure it is done right and does not break anything ;)

However you should feel free to do what ever you want to do with it. You can
avoid (or do all of) the tests if you want ;)

> BTW. I post some fixes I've made to dosc/sources.

Applied - thanks!

--
Cheers,

Peter Donald
'Most men would rather die than think. Many do.'
                             Bertrand Russell