From Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>
Subject Re: controlling access to blocks
Date Sun, 01 Sep 2002 08:58:19 GMT
Hiya,

On Sun, 1 Sep 2002 15:17, Igor Fedorenko wrote:
> I am finishing implementation of a coarse-grain access control for
> phoenix blocks and wonder if you are interesting in it.
>
> What I am doing is pretty much driven by current ejb approach (if I got
> it right :-) but with some simplifications. Basically, application
> developer associates methods of service interface (sic) with logical
> role or roles allowed to call the method. You could specify "unchecked"
> as well as have settings for "all other methods" and, of course, there
> is xdoclet support for all this. Application assembler maps logical
> roles into physical roles of environment using simple xml file and
> configures security interceptors for blocks (I still hope to see
> interceptors committed into the cvs :-). I have JAAS interceptor but
> other could be written easily. I still have some issues to resolve, like
> how to assign security context with calls originated from phoenix
> blocks, but otherwise I am almost there. The code lives in application
> space but could be migrated into phoenix kernel if you would like to
> adopt it. So, what do you think?

I think it sounds fantastic. I am still working on integrating the interceptor
stuff in. However I don't want to change too much at a time because of the
upcoming release. Maybe it may be time to branch for release purposes and
then we could keep applying your stuff to main tree where it wont effect the
release. That may be the best idea ....

--
Cheers,

Peter Donald