From Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>
Subject New ClassLoader work
Date Sun, 01 Sep 2002 08:42:05 GMT
Hi,

I finally got motivated enough to do some of that ClassLoader stuff that has
been pending for about a year. It basically an implementation of all our old
ideas with nothing really added yet.

You can see the start of the documentation at

http://jakarta.apache.org/avalon/excalibur/loader/

and more importantly I guess

http://jakarta.apache.org/avalon/excalibur/loader/sample.html

Once I finish this and it is unit tested up the whazoo I want to back
integrate this into phoenix as part of environment.xml.

With these changes, people who want to easily implement spec compliant
containers (ie servlet engine) or who want to implement proper classloader
isolation for component (ie James + Mailets, EOB + beans etc).

Anyways - any comments. It seems technically possible at this stage. However I
am not sure the terminology or DTD is accurate as such.

Thoughts?

--
Cheers,

Peter Donald
| We shall not cease from exploration, and the |
|  end of all our exploring will be to arrive  |
|  where we started and know the place for the |
|            first time -- T.S. Eliot          |