From "Eung-ju Park" <co...@apache.org>
Subject Re: More configurable SystemManager.
Date Fri, 06 Sep 2002 13:13:35 GMT
I don't know about other JMX implementation.
Now just ExtendedMX4JSystemManager. MX4J dependant.
Separating JmxScripter from EMX4JSystemManager is good. I will do it and
review other JMX impls.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Peter Donald" <peter@apache.org>
To: "Avalon-Phoenix Developers List" <avalon-phoenix-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Friday, September 06, 2002 10:02 PM
Subject: Re: More configurable SystemManager.

Looks interesting. Would you mind doing 2 things. Separate out the "script"
execution part into another component (so we can reuse it elsewhere. And
also
create a ScriptableSystemManager (as per last mail) so we can retain
compatability with existing manager.

The ScriptableSystemManager may be as simple as

class ScriptableSystemManager
{
  void initialize()
  {
    JMXScripter scripter = new JMXScripter();
    scripter.execute( configuration );
  }
}

Like?

On Fri, 6 Sep 2002 20:21, Eung-ju Park wrote:
> I implement it. Yeah :)
>
>  * More powerful configuration.
>  * Maybe easy to port another JMX impelemtation( I don't know about other
> JMX implementation. It is just my presumption.)
>  * Break backward compatiblility
>  * It is JMX specific configuration scheme. I think other kind of
> SystemManager need another configuration scheme.
>
> I don't know how to test with RMI Adaptor. RMI Adaptor is not tested.
>
> Diff is attached. And it require excalibur-convertor. Try it!
>
> commit it?

:)

> > <component role="...SystemManager" class="...MX4JSystemManager"
> > logger="manager">
> >   <mbean name="Http:name=HttpAdaptor"
>
> class="mx4j.adaptor.http.HttpAdaptor">
>
> >     <attribute name="Port" type="java.lang.Integer">8082</attribute>
> >     <attribute name="ProcessorName"
> > type="javax.management.ObjectName">Http:name=XSLTProcessor</attribute>
> >     <!-- or like JBOSS
> >     <depends name="ProcessorName">Http:name=XSLTProcessor</depends>
> >     -->
> >
> >     <invoke name="addAuthorization"/>
> >       <parameter type="java.lang.String">mx4j</parameter>
> >       <parameter type="java.lang.String">mx4j</parameter>
> >     </invoke>
> >     <invoke name="start"/>
> >   </mbean>
> >
> >   <mbean name="Http:name=XSLTProcessor"
> > class="mx4j.adaptor.http.XSLTProcessor">
> >     <attribute name="File"
> > type="java.lang.String">stylesheet.xsl</attribute>
> >     <attribute name="UseCache"
type="java.lang.Boolean">false</attribute>

--
Cheers,

Peter Donald
Duct tape is like the force.  It has a light side, and a dark side, and
it binds the universe together ...
                -- Carl Zwanzig