From "David W." <davew...@optonline.net>
Subject Re: More configurable SystemManager.
Date Thu, 05 Sep 2002 22:29:57 GMT
I agree that SystemManager configuration could benift from a makeover.

The mbeans could be seperated into entire mbean configuration files with
something like this:

 <component role="org.apache.avalon.phoenix.interfaces.SystemManager"
     class="org.apache.avalon.phoenix.components.manager.MX4JSystemManager"
     logger="manager" >
   <mbean-config>conf/system-mbeans.xml</mbean-config>
   <mbean-config>conf/user-mbeans.xml</mbean-config>
 </component>

Although the user one has reduced usefulness since I don't think there's a
way for Blocks to refer to MBeans at the
moment, since neither ServiceManager nor BlockContext have interfaces to it
(although a commented out stub exists in BlockContext -- what's CM?):

    /**
     * Retrieve the MBeanServer for this application.
     *
     * NOTE: Unsure if this will ever be implemented
     * may be retrievable via CM instead, or perhaps in
     * a directory or whatever.
     */
    //MBeanServer getMBeanServer();

David Weitzman