From David Weitzman <davew...@optonline.net>
Subject Documentation stuff
Date Tue, 10 Sep 2002 22:13:37 GMT
The general presentation and organization of the phoenix guide could use
some refactoring and focus.  I think a single extended example would be more
useful than the non-linearly ordered collection of seperate topics that
currently exists.  The flow of application creation might be better
expressed by showing the development of an application through each of the
stages in order:

Block development -> Assembly -> Deploy -> Simple Administration (start and
stop) -> go back and add JMX support to the block -> Administration through
JMX.

Making the example downloadable would be friendly, but then you begin to
cross over with the avalon-apps stuff.  Maybe also a downloadable template
project (ant, empty block, empty config files).

Also:

In the admin docs I forgot to mention the xdoclet stuff for exposing MBeans
to Phoenix.  Plus there's already a Management Guide.  There shouldn't be
more than one version of the JMX information.

Also:

index.xml links to guide-administrators.html when it should like to
guide-administrator.html

Also:

Perhaps provide for developers brief overviews of all the stuff in the
phoenix.interfaces package.

Now I must go fill out forms :(

David Weitzman