From "David W." <davew...@optonline.net>
Subject Re: More configurable SystemManager.
Date Sat, 07 Sep 2002 01:46:02 GMT
Peter Donald wrote
> > I'd be content, in the short term at least, to see more descriptive
> > versions of the same thing (i.e. instead of
> > <manager-adaptor-port>number</...> to configure the http adaptor,
> > <http-adaptor><port>number</port></...>) until JMX configuration
is
given
> > full consideration.
>
> If you could spec it out fully then I can do that. I just updated the
> kernel.xml to show all permutations possible. So if you could show me what
> you would change then that would be great.

The MX4J adaptors should probably be marked as MX4J-specific.  This seems
brief but descriptive:

<mx4j-adaptors>
  <http-adaptor port="8082"/>
  <jrmp-adaptor/>
</mx4j-adaptors>

I don't think the fact the the naming factory currently used by default
supports RMI is particularly important -- am I wrong?  I figure the
configuration for naming should be more generic.

<naming-factory class="..."/>