From Huw Roberts <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Management MBean Interfaces - Stay or go?
Date Tue, 06 Aug 2002 06:32:12 GMT
At 07:05 AM 8/6/02 +0100, you wrote:
>Huw,
>
>In effect you are suggesting that we need not bother with interfaces
>suffixed with MBean?  You are saying that with markup tags only, you can
>generate dynamically a JMX presence for a Phoenix hosted app?

Yes - basically instead of looking at the interface to determine what
methods to export, it uses the tags instead.

>I'm all for that, if true.  By code breakage you mean, through avalon-apps
>etc?

The only way removing the MBean interfaces will break anything is if some
client code takes special action based on the *MBean class.  For example,
client code might do a check to see if a managed object is an instance of
ApplicationMBean and then use that fact to decide what to display.

Also, I'm not removing support for this functionality, I'm just changing it
in phoenix to what i consider the 'standard' (simpler) pattern.