From Huw Roberts <...@apache.org>
Subject Management MBean Interfaces - Stay or go?
Date Tue, 06 Aug 2002 04:35:24 GMT
There are two ways to expose management information now:

1) use the phoenix-mx tags to markup blocks/apps/components as
management-enabled and then specify the methods and attributes to export
2) have the class implement a management interface (usually called *MBean),
and pass that into the export() method

Method 2) is supported, but at least in my opinion, no longer the best way
to go.  Can I remove them and then mark-up the base classes with the
management info?  Or will that break a lot of code?

If its a problem, I can markup the MBean interfaces instead.  The result is
the same, I just think less classes is better if we can get there.

- Huw