From Igor Fedorenko <ifedore...@thinkdynamics.com>
Subject controlling access to blocks
Date Sun, 01 Sep 2002 05:17:47 GMT
Hi,

I am finishing implementation of a coarse-grain access control for
phoenix blocks and wonder if you are interesting in it.

What I am doing is pretty much driven by current ejb approach (if I got
it right :-) but with some simplifications. Basically, application
developer associates methods of service interface (sic) with logical
role or roles allowed to call the method. You could specify "unchecked"
as well as have settings for "all other methods" and, of course, there
is xdoclet support for all this. Application assembler maps logical
roles into physical roles of environment using simple xml file and
configures security interceptors for blocks (I still hope to see
interceptors committed into the cvs :-). I have JAAS interceptor but
other could be written easily. I still have some issues to resolve, like
how to assign security context with calls originated from phoenix
blocks, but otherwise I am almost there. The code lives in application
space but could be migrated into phoenix kernel if you would like to
adopt it. So, what do you think?

--
Igor Fedorenko
Think smart. Think automated. Think Dynamics.