From Igor Fedorenko <ifedore...@thinkdynamics.com>
Subject Re: three improvements to avalon/phoenix
Date Thu, 22 Aug 2002 19:06:46 GMT
I have a patch that I am reasonably happy with. It adds support for
block invocation interceptors in a form

   <block name="block-name" class="tes.TestBlock">
     <proxy>
       <interceptor class="test.TestInterceptor"/>
     </proxy>
   </block>

It also adds support for block factories. In assemble.xml

   <factory name="test-factory" class="test.Factory"/>
   <block name="block-name"
       factory="test-factory" impl="factory-specific-impl"/>

Old block definition is supported as well.

There is a number of outstanding @todo items but most of them are of
cosmetic nature (proper package names, proper exception classes and
missing javadoc). One real issue is configuration of loggers for block
factories -- now logs go into assembler's logger.

Could somebody who is in charge review the patch and comment on whether
it will or will not be incorporated into the source code? Thank you.

--
Igor Fedorenko
Think smart. Think automated. Think Dynamics.