From Paul Hammant <Paul_Hamm...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: three improvements to avalon/phoenix
Date Mon, 19 Aug 2002 20:07:24 GMT
Peter,

>[.. soap ..]
>Ignoring for the moment that I don't know anything about soap so the above is
>probably wrong way to designate a service. Alternatively you could look at it
>as remote blocks via
>
><block name="my-block-remote"
>       impl="rmi://brainstem.dyndns.org/kane/ScoreDatabase"
>       factory="org.apache.avalon.factorys.RMIFactory">
></block>

Don't like the factory by class name thing.  It implies that the thing
will be instantiated.  I'd prefer that it was a key to an instance,
either one from a standard set loaded by the kernel or some custom one
provided by the assembler.

Anyway it is close to AltRMI in kernel perhaps?  It is also a little
more suitable to the job...

- Paul