From Igor Fedorenko <ifedore...@thinkdynamics.com>
Subject Re: configurable installer patch
Date Mon, 19 Aug 2002 15:11:06 GMT
Peter Royal wrote:
> On Sunday 18 August 2002 05:05 pm, Peter Donald wrote:
>
>>I would like to see this committed but don't run Eclipse (IDEA is soooo
>>good) - so does any other committer use eclipse? If not I will try to have
>>a play sometime this week.
>

> I'm a fellow IDEA junkie.. I downloaded Eclipse 2.0 but couldn't get it going
> on my debian machine.
>
> I plan to test and commit the non-eclipse portions of the patch this week.
> Once IDEA 3.0 comes out it I might make a plugin for it.

Eclipse is not an issue here and the patch (configurable-installer.diff)
has nothing to do with it. In order to test the patch you could, for
example, write ExpandedSarInstaller.

Actually, I have another idea that is related to this configurable
install stuff. Currently, Embedder is responsible for scanning apps/ dir
and/or command line for applications to be deployed. Why do not we
introduce a separate deployment scanner (the term borrowed from jboss)?
It seems to fit nicely into your "Separation of Concerns" concept and
provides some extra flexibility.

--
Igor Fedorenko
Think smart. Think automated. Think Dynamics.