From Stephen McConnell <mcconn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: PR9270
Date Sun, 18 Aug 2002 06:29:35 GMT

Peter Donald wrote:

>On Sun, 18 Aug 2002 16:14, Stephen McConnell wrote:
>

>>Would you like to address the issue of a component implementation that
>>is already a proxy?
>>This isn't meta-data, its meta-info. See SUN JDK Javadoc for the
>>org.omg.CORBA.ORB class for a practicle example.
>>

>It will be better supported in the future when we move to a more complete meta
>info system but for now it is easies and most useful to just support notion
>of interceptor chains on components.

What about adding the Attributes type to the blockinfo.  This would
enable the meta-info model used in Phoenix to pull out the information
in a manner consitent with the Type DTD, and the containerki DTDt.  No
furture changes would be required and we would be eliminating an
artificial obligation of the assembler having to know about a component
implementation characteristic.

Steve.

--

Stephen J. McConnell