From Stephen McConnell <mcconn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: PR9270
Date Sun, 18 Aug 2002 06:04:47 GMT

Eung-ju Park wrote:

> [...]

The existace of a component that is itself a proxy is a developer
decision.  For example, the org.omg.ORB class is a proxy to an
implementation.  The Java VM handles the loading of the implemetation
class behind the scenes.  But the developer needs to say to the
assembler - hey - watch out - this class is already a proxy.
 Potentially, an assembler could be dealing with alternative
implentations of a particular service - one already a proxy, and another
an interface.  Is there an issue for the assembler - or is this an issue
for the container?  My feeling is that this is an issue between the
container and the componet - however, if it is an assembler issue, then
the question for the assemble is if a proxy class is allowed or not.
 However, I doubt if this is a valid assembler question.  The only thing
I can think of as an issue is if the class implements lifecyle
interfaces that could be potentially absused and as a result, raise a
security implication.

Cheers, Steve.

>--

Stephen J. McConnell