From Alexis Agahi <a...@users.sourceforge.net>
Subject Re: MBean suffixed classes
Date Tue, 13 Aug 2002 08:33:49 GMT
Huw,

 > >As you suggested, Startable could have start/stop managed.
 > >Configurable componant could have its configuration writable thru
 > >JMX (ok this is not obvious considering the configuration hierarchy).
 > >And so
 > >

 > Taken to the extreme, we could do all configuration via the exposed
management methods.  Configuration would become a script that drives startup
through the various stages.  I like the idea in the abstract - but don't know
how practical or useful that would be.  Might lead to some interesting
exchanges though...

I agree. This is a little bit overkill and probably useless in production.
Tuning on the fly the configuration is funky for a "demo effect".

;)

Thanks for the documentation. I've to say it was not really easy to learn how
to use Phoenix (as it was), and now with JMX stuffs this looks like the plan 9
from outer space ;)