From Paul Hammant <Paul_Hamm...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Problems testing Phoenix prior to beta.
Date Sat, 10 Aug 2002 11:16:32 GMT
Alexis, Huw,

>> Thanks for providing the earlier information.  I downloaded the
>> binary release from 8-7 and, sure enough, all the mbeans under the
>> phoenix domain were missing.  I was able to determine that the
>> problem has something to do with the conf/kernel.xml element:
>>
>> <stylesheets-dir>conf/xsl</stylesheets-dir>

A complete guess, but it could have something to do with
Class.forName(..) use in mx4j.adaptor.http.HttpAdaptor

    public void addCommandProcessor(String path, String processorClass)
    {
        try {
            HttpCommandProcessor processor =
(HttpCommandProcessor)Class.forName(processorClass).newInstance();
            addCommandProcessor(path, processor);
        } catch (Exception e) {
            log.error("Exception creating Command Processor of class " +
processorClass, e);
        }
    }

Class.forName(..) is bad in complex ClassLoader environments.  People
should do this.getClass().getClassLoader().loadClass(..) intead.  Hmmm,
maybe I should visit some of my own code!

- Paul