From Alexis Agahi <a...@users.sourceforge.net>
Subject Re: Problems testing Phoenix prior to beta.
Date Fri, 09 Aug 2002 09:12:02 GMT
Huw Roberts wrote:
> Hi Paul, you wrote on 8/8/02 10:14:23 PM:
>

>>It looks like the files I puploaded (has anyone else tested these?) are
>>not OK for JMX.  All the bits are there and JMX is available, but the
>>HelloWorld block is not visible.  Could someone PLEASE do an independent
>>confirmation of the uploaded files.  I have also tried an compeltey
>>clean build of the same (fresh checkout from CVS) and it is no different.
>>
>>I need some serious help here doing some problem elimination.  The
>>problem could be in Phoenix, or in the HelloWorld demo, or my machines
>>(multiple).  I just need help sorting this out.
>>

> Thanks for providing the earlier information.  I downloaded the binary release from 8-7
and, sure enough, all the mbeans under the phoenix domain were missing.  I was able to determine
that the problem has something to do with the conf/kernel.xml element:

> <stylesheets-dir>conf/xsl</stylesheets-dir>
>
> in the SystemManager element.  i deleted that section entire so it looks like:
>
>         <component role="org.apache.avalon.phoenix.interfaces.SystemManager"
>             class="org.apache.avalon.phoenix.components.manager.MX4JSystemManager"
>             logger="manager" >
>           <manager-adaptor-port>8082</manager-adaptor-port>
>           <enable-rmi-adaptor>false</enable-rmi-adaptor>
>         </component>
>
> and i was able to see these mbeans:
>
>  Phoenix:application=avalon-demo,block=helloworldserver,topic=Greeting
>  Phoenix:application=avalon-demo,topic=Application
>  Phoenix:component=ConfigurationManager,topic=ConfigurationRepository
>  Phoenix:component=ConfigurationValidator,topic=ConfigurationValidator
>  Phoenix:component=Deployer,topic=Deployer
>  Phoenix:component=Embeddor,topic=Embeddor
>  Phoenix:component=ExtensionManager,topic=ExtensionManager
>  Phoenix:component=Kernel,topic=Kernel
>
> can you confirm removing this line fixes it for you?  if so then i'll either fix it so
that works, or remove it...

I've tested without
<stylesheets-dir>conf/xsl</stylesheets-dir>
in the kernel.xml
And all the mbeans under the phoenix domain are still missing...

Since I'm not really sure to be looking at the right place, here
is a snapshot of my browser. Anyway in all tabs I cannot see any
Phoenix domain.